That last 3 days have been very productive. Here is what we have created:
- Created avatars for each person so it was easy to see what people are working on. (One small problem is that we have half of our scrum team in India, so I will have to tackle the problem soon)
- Created some classes of services. The color of the cards represent the class of service
- Created the value stream columns
- Had our first “walk the wall” daily standup
Had lots of questions about:
- What the “rules” are for moving cards from one state to the other.
- Had questions about how many cards could be in each state
- How many cards can one person be working on
- If something is moved to done and then a defect is detected later, does the card get moved back
Here what we have settled on for our columns (working backwards):
- Done – Not in Production
- Testing / Defect Fixing
- Ready for Test
- Analysis / Design / Requirements
- Ready for Development
- Stories Created
- Themes (class of services)
So next week I will work with the team to identify policies for moving cards and creating WIP limits.
In general, it feels like we have too many things in progress and not getting things moved to done.
However, it is still better then what we were doing before.
Filed under: Uncategorized